Just checking in with an update.
Been laying a bit lower as of late, though I have been plenty busy in the hobby.
Here are all the projects I am currently logging time on…
- 1984 MLB
- A 64-game replay using all 26 teams, played with Strat-O-Matic Cards & Dice. I started this towards the beginning of 2016 and it is nearing completion. I’ve rolled 774 of the 832 games in the regular season schedule, which is good for 93% of the project. Hoped to get it done by year’s end and that won’t happen, but it’s still good progress.
- 1901 MLB
- A full season replay using APBA Cards & Dice. This is early going, but I still re-visit it from time to time.
- 2004 NFL
- A full season replay using Strat-O-Matic Cards & Dice. Just started this this fall and, gotta’ say, pleasantly surprised. Thought it would take too long to roll games and I’d lose interest, but the opposite has happened. I’m half-way through Week 2 of the season and sometimes would rather roll these games than the 1984 MLB project, but I don’t want to flake on that thing. It’s so close to wrapping up, that I just have to hammer away.
- 1966 NFL
- A team replay of the Green Bay Packers using Strat-O-Matic PC. I’m off to a 3-0 start with one amazing come-from-behind victory in there. Enjoying it.
- 1997-98 NBA
- A replay of the postseason using Strat-O-Matic Cards & Dice. Haven’t played this since last winter and need to get back into it. So far I had played 2 games for each team in the postseason.
- 2012-13 NHL
- A full season replay using Strat-O-Matic Cards & Dice. This is going way too slow. Again, other projects seem to get in the way, but I really enjoy Strat Hockey.
And this doesn’t include other projects I intend to be running right now… I’d like to get another team replay using Diamond Mind Baseball going. I’d like to get a team replay using Strat-O-Matic Basketball for PC going. I’ve got some other things that I’ve been play-testing that I’d like to dive into more.
There’s just not enough time to get to it all.
I may be stretching myself a bit thin with all of these projects!
Hope everybody is finding time for everything.